Chicken Chow Mein
Serves: 4 | Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 10 minutes
- 3 tbsp Rosella Organic Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp ground white pepper
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 400g organic chicken thigh fillet, fat trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely shredded
- 2 pak choy, chopped
- 2 cups (140g) green cabbage, finely shredded
- 3 green onions, cut into 2 cm long pieces, plus extra for garnish
- 280g chow mein noodles, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- 2 cups (140g) bean sprouts
Combine sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce, oyster sauce and sesame oil in a bowl. Stir in white pepper and cornflour and mix well.
Spoon 2 tbsp of the sauce into the chicken and toss to coat.
Heat oil in a large wok over high heat. Add garlic and cook for 10 seconds. Add chicken and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until golden and seared.
Add pak choy, cabbage, carrot and the green onions. Stir fry until vegetables have just wilted.
Toss through noodles, sauce and water. Stir fry for 1 minute.
Add bean sprouts and stir fry until mixed through. Remove from heat and serve immediately with extra sweet chilli sauce and extra green onions.
Our Favourite Recipes
We’ve made it easy for you to cook up a storm with Rosella. Easy, exciting and delicious recipes we’ve carefully selected that are simple and tasty that the whole family will love. Stay up-to-date via Facebook and share your recipes with us. We’d love to hear how you use our products to create new recipes or family favourites.