- ¼ red cabbage, finely shredded
- ¼ Savoy cabbage, finely shredded
- ⅓ bunch spring onions, finely sliced
- 200g snow peas, cut into matchsticks
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 apple, grated
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, to fry
- 100g sunflower kernels
- 100g slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons Rosella Corn Relish
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Combine the cabbages, snow peas and spring onions in a large bowl and place the in the fridge.
In a separate bowl, mix together the carrot and apple. Pour the lime juice over the top. Set aside.
Heat one teaspoon of olive oil in a frying pan and gently fry the sunflower seeds and slivered almonds until lightly golden. Don’t take your eyes off them – they can be golden one minute, burnt the next. Spread the mix out on a plate and set aside to cool.
To make the dressing, place the Rosella Corn Relish, soy sauce, olive oil, apple cider vinegar and sugar in a screw-top glass jar and shake well.
You can prepare the ingredients to this point, and set aside until you’re ready to serve.
Just prior to serving, combine the cabbage mixture, carrot-apple mixture and seeds and nuts together in a serving bowl.
Give the dressing a good shake, pour it over the salad and mix through.