- ¼ red cabbage, finely shredded
- ¼ Savoy cabbage, finely shredded
- ⅓ bunch spring onions, finely sliced
- 200g snow peas, cut into matchsticks
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 apple, grated
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, to fry
- 100g sunflower kernels
- 100g slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons Rosella Corn Relish
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Combine the cabbages, snow peas and spring onions in a large bowl and place the in the fridge.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the carrot and apple. Pour the lime juice over the top. Set aside.
- Heat one teaspoon of olive oil in a frying pan and gently fry the sunflower seeds and slivered almonds until lightly golden. Don’t take your eyes off them – they can be golden one minute, burnt the next. Spread the mix out on a plate and set aside to cool.
- To make the dressing, place the Rosella Corn Relish, soy sauce, olive oil, apple cider vinegar and sugar in a screw-top glass jar and shake well.
- You can prepare the ingredients to this point, and set aside until you’re ready to serve.
- Just prior to serving, combine the cabbage mixture, carrot-apple mixture and seeds and nuts together in a serving bowl.
- Give the dressing a good shake, pour it over the salad and mix through.