Baked Chicken Curry
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1½ tablespoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 cardamom pods, bashed (retain pods and seeds)
- vegetable oil, for basting the chicken
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons Rosella Corn Relish
Place the chicken pieces in a large ovenproof baking dish (not aluminum) in a single layer.
Add the salt, pepper and lime juice.
Mix well and set aside for 20 minutes.
Rub the chicken pieces with this mixture, cover and refrigerate overnight, or for at least 4 hours.
Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
While the oven is heating up, lightly brush the chicken with a little oil and scatter over the chopped onions and Rosella Corn Relish.
Place in the oven. Cook for 30 minutes, then remove baking dish and turn the chicken pieces over.
Return the baking dish to the oven and bake for a further 40 minutes, basting every 10 minutes with the juices from the bottom of the baking dish.