BEEF AND MUSHROOM STROGANOFF
- 1kg rump steak
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 500g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 2 heaped tablespoons Rosella Sweet Mustard Pickles
- ½ cup cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill or parsley
- Cut the steak into thin strips. (A tip: this is easier to do if the meat is partially frozen.)
- Heat a large non-stick frypan until medium hot. Add half the oil and half the butter.
- When the butter has stopped foaming, add the onion and fry for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the mushrooms and fry until almost cooked (about 3 minutes).
- Set the mushroom onion mix aside in a bowl.
- Heat remaining oil and butter.
- When hot add the steak and fry for 2 minutes.
- Turn heat to a simmer and add the mushroom onion mix and cook to 10 minutes.
- Stir in the Rosella Sweet Mustard Pickles and the cream and bring just to the boil.
- Put into a warmed serving dish, sprinkle over the dill or parsley, and serve immediately.