CHILLI CON CARNE
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500g minced beef
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground dried coriander
- 1 small red chili or ½ teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 x 500g can Rosella Tomato Condensed Soup
- 1 x 400g can red kidney beans
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ red capsicum diced
- 2 cups of beef stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Sour cream
- Tortillas and guacamole to serve
- Place a large heavy–bottomed pan on a medium heat and gently sauté the onion until it is just starting to change colour.
- Add the garlic and cook for a further 1–2 minutes. Add the mince and cook stirring regularly until mince turns brown. Add all the other ingredients, turn up the heat and bring to the boil. Then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30–40 minutes, check seasoning to taste.
- Serve with steamed rice, a mixed salad, sour cream and guacamole.