CREAMY BEEF AND MUSHROOM STROGANOFF
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp ROSELLA Crushed Garlic
- 500g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1kg rump steak, cut into thin strips
- 375ml can evaporated milk 1–2 tbsp beef stock powder
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 300g penne pasta
- Heat butter and 1 tablespoon of oil in a large non-stick frying pan until hot. Add the the onion and cook for 3 minutes, then add the ROSELLA Crushed Garlic stirring constantly. Add the mushrooms and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes or until the mushrooms are almost cooked. Remove pan from heat and transfer the mushroom mix to a bowl. Set aside.
- Heat pan over high heat with remaining tablespoon of oil. When hot, add steak and cook for 3–4 minutes until browned. Reduce heat and return the mushroom mixture to pan together with the evaporated milk and stock powder, and allow to simmer for a further 3–4 minutes to slightly thicken the sauce. Season to taste with lots of freshly ground black pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook the penne pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water for 10-12 minutes or until al dente. Drain and return to pot. Add beef and mushroom stroganoff to pasta and mix well. Serve in a bowl and garnish with parsley. Serve immediately.