Egg & Bacon Pie
- 10 eggs
- 1 cup of rindless bacon, coarsely chopped
- 2 spring onions chopped
- Small bunch of parsley chopped
- ½ cup Rosella Tomato Sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 sheets of short crust pastry
- 1 beaten egg yolk (for glazing)
Preheat oven to 200°C.
Line a shallow greased 23cm pie tin with pastry. Scatter over spring onion and half of the bacon, break in the eggs and season, dollop the tomato sauce between each egg then scatter on the remaining bacon.
Roll out the remaining pastry to make a lid. Crimp the pastry edges together and trim off any excess.
Cut four small vents in the pastry lid with a sharp knife. Brush with beaten egg mix and bake 35–45 minutes until the eggs are cooked through and the crust is golden brown and crispy.
Serve warm/cold with a fresh green salad. Great for lunches, brunches, dinner or a picnic.