HEDGEHOG COCKTAIL ONION & CHEESE PLATTER
- Rosella White Cocktail Onions
- Rosella Green Cocktail Onions
- Rosella Red Cocktail Onions
- Semi-hard Cheeses, cubed
- 1–2 varieties of Cured Meats, rolled
- 2–3 varieties of Crackers
- 2 Green Stuffed Olives
- Black Olive Slices
- 1 Blueberry
- 1 large Pineapple
- 1 Lemon
- Cut off the head of the pineapple, then slice off one-third lengthwise so it lies flat. Place it on a serving board.
- Cut a lemon in the same way and place it in line with the pineapple, cut ends touching.
- Gently secure a blueberry on a toothpick and insert the other end of the toothpick into the lemon for the hedgehog’s nose.
- Gently secure 2 stuffed olives for the hedgehog’s eyes on 2 toothpicks and insert the other end of the toothpicks into the pineapple, just above the lemon.
- Skewer the cocktail onions, cheese cubes and meats on toothpicks and pin them into the pineapple in neat rows.
- Make pickled onion eyeballs: take an onion and cut both the head and tail end. Use the end of a small spoon to push the middle part of the onion out to have an empty space for the olive slices. Insert an olive slice into the onion.
- Place crackers, onion eyeballs, and more cheese on the board to serve.