HOMESTYLE CURRIED SAUSAGE AND VEGETABLES
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 12 thin pork sausages
- 1 large brown onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 tbsp curry powder, to taste
- 500ml chicken stock
- 400g pumpkin, diced
- Freshly ground pepper and salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup ROSELLA Fruit Chutney
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Heat oil in a heavy based pot over medium-high heat and brown the sausages off in 2 or 3 batches, removing the cooked sausages from the pot to make room for next batch.
- Add the onion and carrot and cook for 3–4 minutes until the onions are soft. Add in the curry powder and cook for a further minute. Add the stock and pumpkin and allow to simmer for 15 minutes until the pumpkin cooks down a little. Season generously with freshly ground black pepper and salt, to taste.
- Meanwhile, cut the sausages into 2cm thick slices and return to the pot. Add the ROSELLA Fruit Chutney and frozen peas and stir well. Bring the curry back to a simmer and cook for a final 5-8 minutes, or until the peas are soft and the sausage is well heated. Delicious served with a good dollop of mash, spooned over a bowl of hot steamed rice, or quite simply with a slice of warm crusty bread. Serve immediately.