ONE-POT SUMMER LAMB
- 1.5kg lamb loin or chump chops
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 1.5kg potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 4 tablespoons parsley, chopped (plus extra to serve)
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Rosella Garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 can Rosella Vine Ripened Tomato Soup
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan-forced.
- Put the lamb, red onions, potatoes and parsley in a large, heavy casserole dish or a deep baking dish.
- Season with salt and pepper. Mix through the Rosella Garlic, ground cumin and coriander, and the olive oil.
- Pour the Rosella Vine Ripened Tomato Soup over the lamb mixture and lay the sliced tomatoes on top.
- Cover with a casserole lid (or foil, if using a baking dish) and bake in the pre-heated oven for two hours, or until the meat is tender.
- Sprinkle over the extra parsley and serve immediately from the baking dish.
Serve with a Greek salad or your favourite green leaves and some crusty bread to mop up the delicious juices. If you have extra people coming for dinner, add 1 cup of long grain rice and 2 sliced zucchinis to the mix when you pop in the potatoes. You have the choice of serving the lamb hot, but it is equally tasty if you leave it to cool and serve at room temperature…