QUICK CHICKEN CACCIATORE
- 1 x 500g can of Rosella Condensed Tomato Soup
- 2 level teaspoons Rosella Crushed Garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chicken thigh fillets, boned and cut in strips
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 8 button mushrooms, sliced
- ½ red capsicum, deseeded and sliced
- 2 generous tablespoons chopped fresh oregano, or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup red wine
- ¼ cup pitted kalamata olives
- Place a large heavy bottomed sauté pan or fry pan over medium heat and add the oil. Once the oil is hot, brown the chicken. As the chicken becomes brown, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Place the onion in the pan and gently sauté until soft and just starting to colour. Add the Rosella Crushed Garlic, mushrooms, capsicum and oregano and sauté for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Add the cooked chicken, Rosella Condensed Tomato Soup, water and red wine. Stir, then cover the pan and cook over a low heat for 30 minutes, stirring every so often.
- Take off the lid and add olives. Cook over a very low heat for a further 10 minutes.