RICH BOLOGNESE SAUCE
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500g minced beef
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped Oregano and thyme or
- 2 teaspoons of Italian dried herbs
- 1 x 500g can Rosella Tomato Condensed Soup
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup of beef stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Shaved Parmesan to serve
- Place a large heavy bottomed pan on a medium heat and gently sauté the onion until it's just starting to change colour. Add the garlic and cook for a further 1–2 minutes. Add the mince and cook stirring regularly until the mince turns brown. Add all the other ingredients, turn up the heat and bring to the boil then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30–40 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook your favourite pasta following the manufacturers instructions.
- Serve the pasta topped with bolognese sauce and shaved parmesan.