SPANISH RICE WITH PRAWNS
- ½ cup Rosella Tomato Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Rosella Crushed Garlic
- 3 cups low salt chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups uncooked long grain or basmati white rice
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup diced red capsicum
- ½ cup cooked and peeled prawns
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, to garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the chicken stock in a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Place a large heavy bottomed pan over medium heat and add the oil. Once the oil is hot, stir in the onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the Rosella Crushed Garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the rice to the onion and garlic mixture, stirring often. When the rice begins to lightly brown, or 'toast', add the hot stock, Rosella Tomato Sauce, peas, capsicum and prawns. Bring to a rolling simmer. Cover the pan, lower the heat and cook for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow to stand, covered, until the rice is tender (about 10 minutes).