Sweet and sour chicken with ginger and pineapple
- 2 tablespoons rice bran oil
- ½ fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 teaspoons Rosella Ginger
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon Rosella Garlic
- 100ml chicken stock
- 50ml soy sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ bunch spring onions, finely sliced
Heat a large non-stick frypan until hot. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil and pineapple pieces and fry until the pineapple is lightly golden brown. Add 1 teaspoon Rosella Ginger and fry a further 30 seconds. Set pineapple mixture aside.
Wipe out the pan with paper towel and place it back on the stove. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the pan and when it is hot, add the chicken pieces. Fry until the edges are golden brown (about 5 minutes). You may need to do this in two batches if your pan is not big enough.
Bring to a rolling boil, then turn the heat low, cover with a well-fitting lid and simmer for 35 minutes. Taste, and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
Sprinkle with sliced spring onions to serve.