Conditions of Entry
1. The competition is known as the ‘Summer BBQ’ competition (Competition).
2. The Promoter is Rosella Group Pty Ltd (ACN 162 797 168) of 121 Cecil Street, South Melbourne, Victoria, 3205, Australia (Telephone: 1800 667 765) (Promoter).
3. Information on how to enter the Competition and the prize form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this Competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Any updates to these Terms and Conditions will be published on the Promoter’s website at www.rosella.com.au. It is the entrant’s responsibility to check these Terms and Conditions for updates regularly.
4. Eligibility to enter the Competition is subject to compliance with these Terms and Conditions. Individuals must be Australian residents to be eligible to enter. All entrants under 18 years old of age (as at the commencement of the Competition) must have parental/guardian approval to enter and the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the entrant entering this Competition.
5. The following persons are ineligible to enter the Competition or win the prize for themselves or on behalf of any other person:
(a) office holders, management, employees and contractors of the Promoter;
(b) any nominee, retailer or supplier associated with the Competition, including BBQs Galore and Coles (the suppliers of parts of the prize);
(c) immediate family members of persons listed in (a) and (b) where ‘immediate family members’ means any of the following: spouse (including a de facto spouse), ex-spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step- brother, step-sister or first cousin, whether or not they live in the same household as the person listed in (a) or (b).
6. The Competition commences on Monday 10th December 2018 at 4pm AEDT, and concludes on Wednesday 19th December 2018 at 11:59pm AEDT (Competition period). No entries will be accepted after this time.
7. Entries not including all required information will be deemed ineligible.
How to enter
8. To enter, in the comments section of the Competition post found on the Rosella Instagram page (at Instagram.com/rosella_australia) or the Rosella Facebook page (at facebook.com/RosellaAustralia) the entrant must describe their favourite way to celebrate the Australian summer with Rosella. Only one entry per person is permitted. If additional entries are submitted, only the first entry received by the Promoter will be included in the Competition. Any entrant found to be submitting multiple entries may be disqualified from the Competition.
9. Judging will take place by 5pm (AEDT) on Thursday 20th December at 121 Cecil Street, South Melbourne, Victoria, 3205 by representative(s) of the Promoter. The winner of the Competition shall be the entry that is judged by the Promoter to have the most exciting answer to the question regarding their favourite way to celebrate the Australian summer with Rosella. The Competition is a game of skill, and each entry will be judged on its impressiveness, creativity, originality, ingenuity and any other criteria determined by the judges and chance will play no part in determining the winner. .
10. The winner will be notified via Instagram or Facebook direct message and on their Competition entry post. The winner will be asked to contact the Promoter on 1800 667 765 to provide their phone number, email address and residential address.
11. It is the responsibility of each eligible entrant to ensure that their details, including their full name, phone number and email address details are correct and up to date when requested to provide them.
12. If neither a phone number, email address or address of the winner are supplied within 30 days of the winner being contacted; or if the phone number, email address or address details provided are incorrect or incomplete, then the winner will be disqualified and a new winner (Replacement Winner) will be selected by applying the same judging criteria as was used to select the prior winning entry. Chance will play no part in determining any Replacement Winner. Replacement Winner judging will take place at 5pm AEDT on 14th January 2019 at 121 Cecil Street, South Melbourne, Victoria, 3205.
13. All Replacement Winners will be notified and required to provide details in the same manner as for the originally selected winner. If the Replacement Winner does not provide details as required, the reselection process may be repeated for as many times as are required to find a Replacement Winner who is not disqualified for failure to provide details as required.
14. There is one prize pack available which consists of:
1 x BBQs Galore Gift Voucher – Valued at $400
1 x Coles Supermarkets Voucher – Valued at $100
1 x Rosella Package – Valued at $30
Total Prize Value: $530 (including any GST) based on recommended retail prices.
15. The prize is not transferrable, changeable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. Any images associated with the prize are for promotional purposes only. The prize will be subject to any conditions imposed by the Promoter or by the supplier or the organiser of the prize. Vouchers are subject to the usual terms and conditions of the voucher issuer, including any expiry date.
Other Terms and Conditions
16. Any change in value occurring between the publishing date and the date the prize is claimed is not the responsibility of the Promoter. If a prize or any element of a prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute that prize or element with another item of equal or higher value as determined by the Promoter, subject to the approval of any relevant authority if required.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any eligible entrant (and to prohibit that entrant from resubmitting an entry into the Competition) where the Promoter believes that the entry or the entry process has been tampered with or where any entry has been submitted otherwise than in accordance with the Terms and Conditions. The Promoter may also disqualify any entrant who acts in a disruptive manner or who acts with intent or effect of annoying, abusing, threatening or harassing any other person or who behaves in a manner which may diminish the good name or reputation of the Promoter or any of its related bodies corporate or the agencies or companies associated with this Competition, or who engages in conduct which is contrary to law or is otherwise inappropriate.
18. Entries must not include any content that contravenes any law, infringes the rights of any person or is obscene, offensive, potentially defamatory, discriminatory, indecent, objectionable or inappropriate (which includes any content involving nudity, malice, excessive violence or swearing).
19. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any lost, late, misdirected entries, illegible entries (including lost, stolen, forged, defaced or damaged entries) or entries deemed ineligible due to incorrect entrant information. The Promoter will not accept entries which are incomplete, illegible, or which are generated by computers or other automated means.
20. The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of the Competition is final and binding on each person who enters and no correspondence will be entered into. Any failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
21. All entries into the Competition become the absolute property of the Promoter. The entries may be shared by the Rosella Australia Facebook accounts, unless otherwise stated by the entrant in writing. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant’s name, image and likeness in the event they are the winner (including photograph, filming and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Competition (including the outcome) and promoting any products manufactured, distributed, and/or supplied by the Promoter or its related companies.
22. By entering this Competition, each entrant accepts full responsibility for the decision to participate in the Competition and agrees to take the prize should he/she be selected as a winner. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered, including but not limited to direct or consequential loss, or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prizes or entering the Competition. The Promoter shall not be responsible for any costs associated with entering the Competition, including but not limited to, internet costs and photo costs. The winner releases the Promoter, its related bodies corporate, affiliates, officers, agents, employees and suppliers (the “Released Parties”) from all liability, loss and damage of any kind arising out of or in connection with the acceptance of, and participation in, any prize. Without limiting the foregoing, the Released Parties will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prize which cannot be excluded by law (in which case liability is limited to the minimum amount allowable by law).
23. Without limiting the previous paragraph, the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage, loss or delay in transit to the prize or be liable for any damage that occurs to the prize.
24. The Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion and without notice, to cancel, modify or suspend these terms and/or this Competition in whole or in part, including, but not limited to in the event of fraud, technical or other difficulties or if the integrity of the Competition is compromised, subject to any written directions from various Australian lottery departments and without liability to the entrant. The contact details of the winning entry may be passed onto a third party for prize notification and fulfilment.
25. If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law and subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition as appropriate. If that happens, the Promoter reserves the right to select a winner from entries received at that time.
26. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition or suspend or modify a prize, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
27. The Promoter is not liable for any tax implications arising from any prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought by the prize winner if necessary. Where this Competition involves, for GST purposes, supplies being made for non-monetary consideration, entrants will follow the Australian Taxation Office’s stated view that were the parties are at arm’s length goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
28. Entrants provide their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook or Instagram. This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram. Each entrant agrees to completely release Facebook and Instagram from any and all liability in connection with this Competition. Any questions, comments or complaints about this Competition must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook or Instagram.
29. Entrants’ details may be used for future promotions carried out by the Promoter. Entrants can request not to receive information about future promotions by calling 1800 667 765 or unsubscribing from email communications. The Promoter may continue to provide entrants with information for an indefinite period unless and until advised otherwise by the entrant.
31. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Victoria. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria.