Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
Serves: Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 3 hours (HIGH) or 6 hours (LOW) | Serves 6 | Difficulty: Easy
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 skinless chicken thigh cutlets (bone-in)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large red capsicum cut into 3cm large strips
- 200g cup mushrooms, trimmed and cut into 3 slices
- 390g carton Rosella Condensed Tomato Soup
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup (75g) pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley for garnish
- Green beans and crusty bread to serve
Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat and sear chicken on both sides until golden. Transfer to slow cooker. Add onion, garlic, capsicum and mushrooms.
Pour in condensed tomato soup and canned tomatoes. Cover and cook 3 hours (HIGH) or 6 hours (LOW). Stir through olives in the last 30 minutes of cooking.
Garnish with chopped parsley. Serve with green beans and crusty bread.
Our Favourite Recipes
We’ve made it easy for you to cook up a storm with Rosella. Easy, exciting and delicious recipes we’ve carefully selected that are simple and tasty that the whole family will love. Stay up-to-date via Facebook and share your recipes with us. We’d love to hear how you use our products to create new recipes or family favourites.