PERI PERI LAMB SANDWICH WITH HERBED GOAT CHEESE
- 700g boneless leg of lamb
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp salt flakes
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp ROSELLA Crushed Garlic
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup Greek natural yoghurt
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt, to taste
- 8 crusty bread rolls or focaccia, cut in half
- 6 tbsp ROSELLA Tomato Peri Peri Chutney
- 550g jar Marinated Goat Cheese or Persian Feta
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, thinly sliced 100g rocket or baby spinach leaves
- Prepare lamb; in a small bowl, combine the rub ingredients then completely massage in and over the lamb. Using kitchen twine, tie the meat into a secure roll to ensure it will cook evenly. Place lamb onto a roasting rack or cake cooler and rest it over a shallow baking tray. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rest at room temperature for approximately 1 hour.
- To roast the lamb, insert a meat thermometer into the centre of the meat and roast in a preheated oven of 160°C for approximately 1 hour, or until a thermometer registers 54°C. When cooked remove the roast from the oven and leave to cool. Allow the roast to rest in the fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight before slicing.
- Prepare yoghurt sauce: combine ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- To prepare the sandwiches; Slice the lamb as thinly as possible, cutting across the grain. Spread the base of the rolls with ROSELLA Tomato Peri Peri Chutney and spread the tops with the marinated goat cheese. To assemble the sandwiches, generously top the chutney bases with sliced lamb, tomato and rocket and finish with a drizzle of yoghurt sauce. Close each roll by replacing the top, then cut in half and serve immediately.