SPANISH RICE WITH PRAWNS, CHORIZO AND CHICKEN
- 1.75L salt reduced chicken stock
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small chorizo sausage, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 tsp ROSELLA Crushed Garlic
- 2 cups basmati or long grain rice
- 1/2 cup ROSELLA Organic Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 large capsicum, diced
- 12 raw prawns, peeled
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Place chicken stock in a saucepan and heat until boiling.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large pan over medium heat then add the chorizo and onion and cook for approximately 5 minutes or until the onion is soft. Add the ROSELLA Crushed Garlic and cook for 1–2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the rice stirring often. When the rice begins to lightly brown, or ‘toast’, add the hot stock, ROSELLA Organic Tomato Sauce, peas, capsicum, prawns paprika and chicken. Bring to a rolling simmer, then reduce heat to very low and cover pan. Allow to and cook for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, turn off the heat and allow to stand, still covered for a further 10 minutes to finish the cooking process. The rice should be tender and the stock fully absorbed. Season generously with freshly ground black pepper and salt and fluff the rice up using a fork or large spoon, then transfer to a serving bowl. Finish with a wedge of lemon and serve immediately.